Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Writers' Rooms

So I've been writing. I'm working on a chapter which explores how the notion of "truth" is connected to the notion of "justice," and, seeing as how that means I've not been blogging much (or doing, really, anything apart from writing - my partner Sim is being absolutely fantastic about doing cooking and washing up), I thought I'd blog about where I do my writing.

Well, since I haven't really got that much interesting to say on the subject (my study is in a small upstairs extension at the back of our house, with skylights [that leak] and a window with a tree outside it, is full of books, folders and [for the moment unused] musical instruments... oh and I haven't cleaned it once since we moved in over a year ago), I thought I'd post some photos instead, a la The Guardian's excellent (and obviously much more interesting than mine) "Writers' Rooms." So, here we go on a tour of my study...

On the door is this picture. It is generally "where I'm at."


Then there are lots of book shelves without many books on them. Like this:


They're a bit empty because most of the books are all piled up around my desk so I can grab them quickly. Like this:













But there are some books that do make it back onto the shelves after I've used them. Like these:




And here's my window with the tree where the long-tailed tits make me happy when it's not going so well!

No comments: